This past weekend I sewed up a storm. 5 garments in total! I found The Fallen Top by Shwin & Shwin and decided to give it a go. It's a free pattern/tutorial on Shauna's blog. She has several so check them out. I used the September Sew Coordinated Kit. Since the last time I talked about them my sewing skills have come a long way! I adore this kit and made 3 items with it. The other two I will share next week. The fabric is by Dear Stella, Woodwinked collection.
Parker was reluctant to take photos this weekend. I guess I gotta give a girl a break once and awhile. I made some modifications to the pattern. The original calls for a pretty wide neck and it would have just fallen off Parker's shoulders, so I ran a gather stitch along the front and back. I also closed up the bodice with bias tape instead of the pattern piece. I also used some Thermoweb Heat N Bond Medium Interfacing on the front of the top and created a faux applique with the pattern of the fabric. This was the time I was wishing I had bought a fancy machine with stitching.